Leaving for military training with a seriously ill family member?

To start out my father nearly died a couple weeks ago he was rushed to the hospital after passing out and was diagnosed with a severely leaking heart valve. the issue is so bad that the surgeon at the hospital would not touch it and referred him to someone 2 hrs away to preform the surgery. now i am suppose to... show more To start out my father nearly died a couple weeks ago he was rushed to the hospital after passing out and was diagnosed with a severely leaking heart valve. the issue is so bad that the surgeon at the hospital would not touch it and referred him to someone 2 hrs away to preform the surgery. now i am suppose to leave for 3 weeks of training with the national guard tomorrow morning after discussing the issue with my unit and explaining that i am the only one who lives with him and need to take care of him i was told "you are going if something serious happens we can send you home". at this point i honestly do not know what to do i am absolutely not comfortable leaving him alone and he has no way to get to his appointments 2 hrs away.
Update: According to AFI 36-3003 the member will be granted emergency leave If the member, or someone in the member's or spouse's immediate family, has a life- threatening condition/illness, is having major surgery, or is admitted to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in critical condition due to a major illness or... show more According to AFI 36-3003 the member will be granted emergency leave If the member, or someone in the member's or spouse's immediate family, has a life- threatening condition/illness, is having major surgery, or is admitted to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in critical condition due to a major illness or accident. now how can the even send me?