Are Indians scammers actually calling from India?

I had one of those scammers with heavy Indian accents that claim to be from Microsoft and tried to trick into giving them access to my computer by telling me that foreign countries have my IP address and I'm at a risk for identity theft. I noticed that the call display was showing the number from the states.... show more I had one of those scammers with heavy Indian accents that claim to be from Microsoft and tried to trick into giving them access to my computer by telling me that foreign countries have my IP address and I'm at a risk for identity theft. I noticed that the call display was showing the number from the states. I almost fell for it until I decided to Google them to which I learned it's a big scam that has been going on for years.

2 week later, I received a call from the same number. when I answered, it was a lady's voice woth no accent and she immediately asked who it is. I asked her who she wants to speak to. Then she was like, I'm trying to call my husband and you answered which is funny. I was like wtf..you must have gotten the wrong number but she hung up before I could finish

I just find it weird that it was the exact number the scammers called me. Was the number spoofed?