Good enough reason to go to the doctor?

For years now, I have gotten really bad gas (I guess?) after eating. I've tried avoiding dairy (at least in public) except for the occasional lactate free milk thinking I was just intolerant, but my problem continued. It's to the point now where it can get painful or uncomfortable and I'm making trips... show more For years now, I have gotten really bad gas (I guess?) after eating. I've tried avoiding dairy (at least in public) except for the occasional lactate free milk thinking I was just intolerant, but my problem continued. It's to the point now where it can get painful or uncomfortable and I'm making trips to the bathroom multiple times in a workday. I couldn't even finish a muffin yesterday morning without needed to go. Even if I poop, as soon as I get back to my desk, my stomach goes right back to groaning. Avoiding eating until I get home doesn't work either. It's interfering with my life too much but my doctor always acts like my concerns for other aspects of my health are invalid, so I'm very hesitant to go to her about this, especially because I'm so embarrassed by it. Could this be anything more than a lifestyle issue?
5 answers 5