How many devices can you tether to a mobile phone?

I'm unable to get broad band in my house at the moment, there's issues with digging up the road and laying new cables and the work is likely to take months. Ive looked into alternatives like satalite etc but they're very expensive for what you get. Ive just found out that 3(mobile network) offer... show more I'm unable to get broad band in my house at the moment, there's issues with digging up the road and laying new cables and the work is likely to take months.
Ive looked into alternatives like satalite etc but they're very expensive for what you get.

Ive just found out that 3(mobile network) offer unlimited data on their sim only plans for £20, which is around what I would be paying for broadband. So I was going to get that and, using my phone, set up a mobile hotspot in my home and use it as a modem for my TV and other devices.

My question is, is there a limit on devices I can connect and if multiple devices are connected, will it slow the speed too much to make it useless.