Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceSpecial Education · 2 years ago

Could I be autistic?

I went to the therapist and they’re potentially diagnosing me with BPD. It is fitting but I am also very childish and hate people. I love squashy toys and very childish things for my age. I’m 19. I am obsessed with squidy things. What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I think a lot of people are deciding the have Asperger's when they do not. Just because they aren't brilliantly social. If you were Asperger's your way of talking would be somewhat robotic and you be really clueless socially.

Autism has nothing to do with being childish and hating people see maybe see doctor for an evaluation if your so worried.

Could be but it’s hard to say and hard to diagnose at 19. Also autism starts young. So if there were no signs as a child it’s not autism.

There is not enough info to say this fits, but liking those toys at 19 might imply a codependent relationship or unusual bond/attachment with the toys. You did not describe autism symptoms. Most adults who like toys, anime, video games, MMRPGs, D&D at game clubs, etc. are NOT autistic. I will not agree or disagree with BPD or autism based on the info given, on any other amount of info given. Neither should anyone else. If your doctor says you have BPD, you need to learn about it and continue going to therapy.

Good possibility.

Perhaps not.