Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 7 months ago

What to do about fake friends?

I have a friend and we would always be close and then I start to notice she started distancing herself from then she started to hangout more with our other friend everyday I invited her and she blew me off to hangout with our other friend and I started to hangout with my others friends and they both got mad saying I’m to close to them. At school I found out that the friend I was close to was talking bad about me and she told our friend the one she started to hangout with I confronted the our friend she told the secret to and she told me that the friend I was close to didn’t talk bad about me I started to focus on me instead of being in all the drama like school, going to the gym, and getting a job. Couple days later our friend that she told the secret to went up to me telling me why I don’t talk to her anymore and i asked her again if my friend that I was close talk about me she lied again to my face and I told her that I knew and she said she was talking about me and smiled I told her I don’t wanna talk right now and told her to text me and we ended up texting and I just told her if everything was true about them talking about me she got mad and started being petty through text and I told her how I really felt and told her that both of them are fake because they talked about me and lied to me about it and she left me on read and I texted my other friend to confront her and she didn’t reply she just left me on read I don’t know if I should continue the friendship or not

5 Answers

Relevance
  • D C
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

You are in jr high or HS right? You all are changing everyday, sadly not always for the better. Your old friend thinks she has found something better and has moved on.... Let her go, she is not really a friend and in the long run its better to know now than after something bad comes of it. Find a new hobby, interest and friend. Knuckle down in your studies, graduate HS and get into a good Uni, Best of luck, this to shall pass

• 7 months ago

People gossip all the time, especially teens. This is all childish drama.

• k w
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

they're called aquaintances, not friends....just lose your connection to them.....

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Do nothing more with those friends unless you want to sometimes. "Hey, having a huge gathering. Thought of you. You're welcome to attend too" types of things. Or if you see them sad on the steps, you don't have to ignore them, but you also don't have to get sucked into any drama. You could listen to them and try to cheer them up, then go on your way.

Don't be like they are to them or to anyone else.

Be a good friend to someone else.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Make some new friends and decide if the ones from the past are friends or just associates you bump into for business reasons and do what you feel is best because you deserve to be around those who make you happy. To get a friend you have to be a friend and if some who said they were friends are not kind then perhaps they were only using you and be discerning. If you have feelings of doubt it is a warning sign and could be a reason to be nervous of them in the future.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.