Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesBMW · 8 months ago

How do I open the trunk in a 98 E46 318i if the key was inside the trunk before it locked itself (I can get inside the cabin)?

I must’ve been drunk the other night and moronically forgot about the keys inside the trunk before I had closed it. I’m able to get inside the cabin and unlock the doors since my drivers side window is smashed for some reason and that there is power to the whole vehicle.

I am impressed that you own two MB and 1 BMW and are unemployed.

Take out the back seat and see if you can access the trunk. Trade in all the junk you drive and buy one car that's less than 10 years old.

EDIT: I thought your plans to kill yourself were due to money issues if/when you got fired. If you have a large savings account, why are you working menial jobs? "Is suicide acceptable if I lose my job? My plan if I were to lose my job is to runaway from my parents and their home, leaving all devices that could be used to communicate with me. I then commute to the city and give my wallet to some homeless person and just starve myself to death while being homeless myself. I would even go to a police station to sign some documents to prevent the parents from using law enforcement agencies to find me while I’m homeless and starving myself to death. I’m not really loved by my parents, my parents always take my money, and my own siblings don’t even really care about me, which is another reason why I planned this suicide method."

Use your spare key.

If you don't have a spare key write down your VIN and go to the dealer parts department and they can cut you a cheap key without being a transponder key that will only open the door locks and trunk.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • bo

take the back seat out. hopefully an opening you can get a coat hanger to reach the key

• ron h

Americans don't know what an E46 318i is. If you're hoping for help from the USA, use the name that's used here.

• Geo

Locksmith, where's your SPARE KEY?????