What do you think about corporal punishment of disobedient children?

Do you think this should be acceptable in some cases. I'm Polish, I'm 33, I have Asperger Syndrome, my parents were very cool, my mother probably gave me a gentle spanking once or twice, in my entire life, she died in 2016 and my father who died in 2002 probably also gave me a small one spanking, which I... show more Do you think this should be acceptable in some cases.

I'm Polish, I'm 33, I have Asperger Syndrome, my parents were very cool, my mother probably gave me a gentle spanking once or twice, in my entire life, she died in 2016 and my father who died in 2002 probably also gave me a small one spanking, which I hardly remember, dad was nervous, mom suspected that he also might also had Asperger ;-)
But in communist Poland, as well as the capitalist west, this was not yet considered a disease at that time.

My older brother has two older daughters who are 21 and are currently studying architecture at a public university (that is for free) and a 15 year old who is in high school.
My brother probably never beat them, and if it's probably only gently, because our parents have abhorred corporal punishment, although my mother gave my brother a belt spanking, for 5 times in a row he lost the key to the house, but she had remorse after that :-(

The older daughter is excellent student, but the younger one who is 15 is little devil she is short even for girl, very vivid and stubborn ;-)
For example disobeying her dad (my bro) and go in places without my bro consent, or doing to place where he forbidden her to go, but she is good student too

My brother is afraid that she might get disciplinary fire from job when she start career.

My brother said that sometime he want spank her, but he restrain himself because not like Spanking as punishment the same way as our parents.
Update: I said that it is good that he does not do it considering that since 2014, corporal punishment towards a child is a crime that is punishable by a fine and / or up to 3 years imprisonment. And even if my daughter did not go to the police to complain, it would only be enough to tell her friend, and this to someone... show more I said that it is good that he does not do it considering that since 2014, corporal punishment towards a child is a crime that is punishable by a fine and / or up to 3 years imprisonment.

And even if my daughter did not go to the police to complain, it would only be enough to tell her friend, and this to someone else, and then it will happen to someone who does not like my brother, and then the police will do ii home invasion, and Polish Police is not known for being gentle :-)
Update 2: Some say that Police is the last bastion of communism in Poland due to their mentality, and my compatriot like to make reports ion people them not like. Anyway, at the end of the year, people send hundreds of thousands of denunciations to our Polish tax office that their neighbor has too much money, so he has... show more Some say that Police is the last bastion of communism in Poland due to their mentality, and my compatriot like to make reports ion people them not like.

Anyway, at the end of the year, people send hundreds of thousands of denunciations to our Polish tax office that their neighbor has too much money, so he has certainly concealed his income in his annual tax return xD
Update 3: As for my brother's younger daughter, I remember once how my brother probably joked that he more he pissed off that she lied to him, that he's pissed that she cannot go with a convincing lie:-) what a Pole that cannot tell a good lie to an authority figure xD