Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 6 months ago

Do you think coupled people think they are a success for having someone even when they are unhappy with that person?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

No. I think people who are happily coupled tend to feel secure in their relationship and that feeling aids them in life. Unhappy couples are unhappy.

• 6 months ago

Sure... if you're desperate to be known as "the Wife" or you LIKE having that role! Or even just being "Ms. Anthony Nelson!" lol (a quote from I Dream of Jeanie)!

Either that or you've got low self esteem to stay in a partnership that really brings you unhappiness. Some countries frown upon divorce... but there's good reason for that! Here where I live (in the US), you can get a "no fault" divorce for any number of stupid reasons like a difference in dress styles or musical tastes! Therefore, you've got "irreconcilable differences"! And if you don't got no pre-nup, your ex spouse gets like 50% of your money!

• Rai
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Yes, it takes a lot to commit to someone and to stay together even when things aren't all that good, especially these days when you could get divorced easily. I also think to some the more you are able to bear the better and stronger you are and those who seek comfort are weak and dumb. maybe they are right.

• lala
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

nowadays couple who are unhappy in their marriage

get a divorce quite fast

Old couples would say ;;I had some good time with my partner

and even if we were not always happy

it was worth it

Because we know there no such thing as fairy tale lfe

and doesnt matter with who you are

53 yrs of marriage

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Yes, some people feel that way. Many cultures around the world believe that as well. They think marriage is far better than being single.

• Alex6 months agoReport

The same is true the other way and men who love their wives will make sure they are taken care of in all ways.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.