How do i know when im falling out of love with my husband?

I have been with my husband for 10 years. I miss him when im at work but aggravated when im with him. I still cater for him, but i argue with him over EVERYTHING. I started telling him what i dont like about him and hes a nice guy, he doesn t argue back. Sex isnt interesting.

we have kids. Just hit me w the truth!!

Is this normal at this length of marriage? Am i not loving him anymore??

24 Answers

Relevance
  • hart
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

long time ago

• 6 months ago

It does not seem you are falling out of love with your husband. When we are stressed, it's normal to want some alone time and get annoyed with your partner there. You have kids so probably you have no alone time. You are just stressed and burned out. Probably when you take a vacation by yourself, you will feel better and more attracted to your husband. Or if you went together. It's normal for a long term relationship with kids to be this way. You guys just need a break. First for you alone, then for you both.

• 6 months ago

I think relationships, all relationships, have highs and lows, ups and down and even being stuck in a rut.

Spark things up with him. Put the kids to bed early and set the table with your finest dishware and crystal, cook a great meal and have a date in your dining room. You two just need to reconnect and be yourselves, not a mommy or a daddy every once and a while. Be honest with him and let him know that you are feeling disconnected and want more sparks between you. If sex is, as you say, not interesting, then MAKE it interesting!! Men need to be told what a woman likes in bed. They often THINK they know what to do, but some guys need a little nudge.

• ANDREW
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

You know because your here asking this so you have doubts at least or the question wouldn’t have entered your mind

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

You never did 'love' him. At least that is what he will say. It matters very little what you think - you don't get to determine if you 'love' him. You obviously do not, and never did.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

you want too much .. unreasonable expectation lead to disappointment

but to explain ,, when you leave cheat or what ever you do

the next man will loose his appeal a lot faster, then the next even faster and on and on until your the town bike ... every has had a ride and you are still not happy -- Your apeal now to men is not what it was when you were 20

many women want to go back to their original man ,,, but then are still unreasonable

self change is in need here.

ps there are women all over who will snatch up and keep your man the moment you catch and release.

• Amz
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Love is not an emotion; it's an ACTION. It's a commitment. It's easy "to love" when things are going well, but it's REALLY "hard to love" when situations have you down.

You have to love him through it, dear. it's not easy being committed to someone b/c not everyone is perfect--including yourself. You need to take a step back and examine yourself. Reflect on self. Try to figure out why you behave the way you do with him. Apologize to him now and make an effort to examine and change your behavior. No, he isn't perfect and he messes up too. You change YOU... stop magnifying his faults right now.

Overall love is a choice. A daily one.

Best of luck to you both!

• Grace
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Sometimes feelings are only temporary and they change and could be hormonal problems.

• 7 months ago

We fall madly in love, don’t we, thinking (feeling rather) that it will last forever and is enough for a serious relationship. However, it’s very hard to live on an emotional high for very long. Eventually we start to come down from the ecstasy, excitement, strong passions and desires, typically after around 18 months to three years (people vary of course). If couples are friends, discuss their mutual values, shared ambitions, interests, etc., in some depth (obviously there will be some differences, which help make relationships interesting), and make plans, work on their personal development, etc., this can develop into a long and wonderful relationship. If one party feels insecure or low in self respect, it can make for a difficult partnership. It's easy to behave at our best when in love, but marriage, for example, requires a lot of self discipline, sacrifice, compromise and flexibility. If a strong friendship is not in place, the relationship will probably peter out eventually - or worse. Quite often we fall in love because we are lonely and allow ourselves to be won over by anyone who takes an interest in us. Thus we give away control to somebody else if we are not careful. This is another reason for taking things very slowly, and really getting to know someone before committing ourselves or getting too emotionally or sexually involved. Sex can be emotionally bonding, which is disastrous if the other things are not there: strong friendship, similar values and standards, common interests, etc. If everyone read books like Dr Phil McGraw's excellent, Relationship Rescue they would get deeper insights into how relationships work and learn to be much happier! (I wish I got commission, as I recommend it to so many people!). As he writes in the book, it isn't only or people whose relationships are in trouble. There are other excellent books, of course. Good Luck!

• Rai
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

sounds like there is a problem you arent addressing and it is manifesting itself.

To be honest, i feel like you want to hear someone tell you that you are out of love with him and should leave him.

Is he being passive? is he no longer attentive to your needs? you want excitement again?

I say yes address the problem head on... dont ignore it. go to whatever length you must to save the marriage. look within.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.