What could be wrong and what are some ways that might help me get the long screws unscrewed? Read the long details before you answer.?

My apple MacBook Pro stoped working and would not turn on at all a couple weeks ago and I looked up online how to fix it. I tried some of the ways that I found which might fix it and those didn’t work. So then I found out that I could try to fix it by unscrewing the back and taking out the battery for a minute then put it back in. A week ago I tried to take out the screws and I got all the screws out except the long ones. I kept trying for a while to get the long ones out and then I got tired and decided to put the screws back in and use our family laptop. A couple days ago I tried again and still could not get the long screws out. Don’t tell me take it to a store. If I break it or can’t fix it then I will take it to an apple store one day next week to get fixed or buy a new MacBook Pro.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

it may be a silly question, but are you using the right screwdriver? The screws might be slotted, Phillips, Pozidriv or sometimes Torx.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Usually the screws won't come out because there's a swollen battery underneath. I always push down on the frame before I start unscrewing Around The Battery area. Take one of the screws that you have to the hardware store and match it up with a carbide or titanium drill bit because you can't use oil. I don't know if they make easy outs that small. But it's a simple process of drilling in a little bit and then inserting a backwards threaded Screw. That might work if you push down on the frame. Keep the metal fragments clear in case it pops. Oh yeah and the screwdriver goes 90 degree to the screw head which is on an angle like 5° on a normal up to 40 degrees around a swollen battery

12/29/2017 by David Casler

• Fred
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You have to be able to understand when you are in over your head

Being stubborn is not always an asset.

Why are these screws so difficult to remove? Do they have thread locking compound on them or are you using incorrect tools?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.