Can I coat Crayola Model Magic with a spray rubber (e.g. Flex Seal) to prevent it from cracking?

I have worked many times before with Model Magic to make prop heads for art projects, Halloween, most of the time resulting in covering its surface with something like paper mache in order to prevent it from falling apart. Would coating it with a decently thick coat of a spray rubber sealant like Flex Seal keep the... show more I have worked many times before with Model Magic to make prop heads for art projects, Halloween, most of the time resulting in covering its surface with something like paper mache in order to prevent it from falling apart. Would coating it with a decently thick coat of a spray rubber sealant like Flex Seal keep the clay intact? I might allow it to dry somewhat first, possibly patch big cracks with more model magic as well. Will a spray rubber coat create a sealed homogeneous surface?
Update: Forgot to mention that the model magic is sculpted on top of a Styrofoam head.
1 answer 1