Is it possible to have asthma attacks in your sleep, and wake up with them in the middle of the night?

And if so, is that a sign that my asthma's getting worse, and that it's probably already getting out of hand? Only, this seems to be happening to me a lot just lately. I'm 40 and I've been asthmatic all my life, but I only ever used to get trouble with it in the daytime. Now, however, I'm... show more And if so, is that a sign that my asthma's getting worse, and that it's probably already getting out of hand? Only, this seems to be happening to me a lot just lately. I'm 40 and I've been asthmatic all my life, but I only ever used to get trouble with it in the daytime. Now, however, I'm getting a lot of trouble with it of a night. Many nights, I'm waking up, having attacks- (talk about a bloody rude awakening!), and some nights, it's so bloody bad, that it stops me sleeping altogether. I didn't even think you could have asthma attacks while you sleep. Is it possible? I mean, it must be, if it's happening to me, right?