How long can an inheritance court case take? Please answer?

My mom is a beneficiary of 3 properties. And a relative who's the executor hasn't been dispersing the money each month to her since one family member passed away. This person hasn't been cooperative from day one, and we all knew this person wouldn't be. How quickly can this be handled by a judge? We... show more My mom is a beneficiary of 3 properties. And a relative who's the executor hasn't been dispersing the money each month to her since one family member passed away. This person hasn't been cooperative from day one, and we all knew this person wouldn't be. How quickly can this be handled by a judge? We need the extra income to help fix up one of the properties that currently needs to be fixed up badly (so it can be eventually rented out or sold by my mother). None of the houses/properties are going into probate either. My dad has said one court case he was in took 5 years. I hope it doesn't get dragged out that much. It seems clear as day to me, and the family member is just being a real jerk. Can the judge notice this right away and automatically be on my family's side in the case? Thanks in advance.

Is it true that an executor not give a beneficiary any money at all until something is agreed upon? Even though there is a family trust? I don't think this person knows what their doing.... Or if they do they're just being a real sneak about what they're doing behind our backs...

Any advice at all would be helpful, thanks. Serious answers only please.