Why does it hurt for me to poop?

I’m 21 and this past month, I’ve been having painful stool to the point that I don’t want to go to the restroom because it hurts. However, eventually it wants to come out badly so I would go to the restroom, but the pain can be unbearable that I manage to keep it in after trying to push it out. I’ve tried drinking water, taking stool softeners and laxatives, but it never works against the pain so I’m basically holding stool right now for the past week and the ones before that eventually come out.

Update:

I also want to mention that every time it wants to come out and I push, blood would come out instead of the stool and I would push longer, but as mentioned, it hurts so bad that i literally cry 😆

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Try using a laxative like Miralax and if that does not work, you should go to a doctor, you may have irritable bowel syndrome which can be serious. If you do not go regularly, the feces can become impacted and you will have to have surgery and/or it can cause diverticulosis which you do not want.

• k w
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

your diet, it lacks fruit/potato, not fries......forget the store bought caca, just eat balanced meals and you'll just go potty normally, but first you have to eat properly.....

• Andy C
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Not enough fibrous foods in your diet. More nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes.

• Kenny
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Prunes help .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Carson
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

You may have internal hemorrhoids.

No more laxitives.

Sit in a hot as you can stand it bath.

Try a suppository like Preparation H.

That should shrink them enough to go with less pain. Along with fiber it will make B.M. easier.

You shouldn't be holding it like that. It can mess up the sensory system that let's you know you have to go.

Make a dr appt soon as you can.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Eat more Apples. Lay off the Cheese snacks. That might change things

• Henry
    Lv 5
    7 months ago

Pray to Jesus. What else is it.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

You might have hemorrhoids, Try stool softeners, NOT a laxative, and if THAT doesn't help, see a doctor.

• paul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

urgent care now

• 7 months ago

omg. idk. I'm sorry.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.