Why does it hurt for me to poop?

I’m 21 and this past month, I’ve been having painful stool to the point that I don’t want to go to the restroom because it hurts. However, eventually it wants to come out badly so I would go to the restroom, but the pain can be unbearable that I manage to keep it in after trying to push it out. I’ve tried drinking water, taking stool softeners and laxatives, but it never works against the pain so I’m basically holding stool right now for the past week and the ones before that eventually come out.

I also want to mention that every time it wants to come out and I push, blood would come out instead of the stool and I would push longer, but as mentioned, it hurts so bad that i literally cry 😆

Try using a laxative like Miralax and if that does not work, you should go to a doctor, you may have irritable bowel syndrome which can be serious. If you do not go regularly, the feces can become impacted and you will have to have surgery and/or it can cause diverticulosis which you do not want.

• k w

your diet, it lacks fruit/potato, not fries......forget the store bought caca, just eat balanced meals and you'll just go potty normally, but first you have to eat properly.....

• Andy C

Not enough fibrous foods in your diet. More nuts, seeds, whole grains, fruits, vegetables and legumes.

• Kenny

Prunes help .

• Carson

You may have internal hemorrhoids.

No more laxitives.

Sit in a hot as you can stand it bath.

Try a suppository like Preparation H.

That should shrink them enough to go with less pain. Along with fiber it will make B.M. easier.

You shouldn't be holding it like that. It can mess up the sensory system that let's you know you have to go.

Make a dr appt soon as you can.

Eat more Apples. Lay off the Cheese snacks. That might change things

• Henry

Pray to Jesus. What else is it.

• Mark

You might have hemorrhoids, Try stool softeners, NOT a laxative, and if THAT doesn't help, see a doctor.

• paul

urgent care now

omg. idk. I'm sorry.