Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 7 months ago

How can I evict abusive boyfriend?

He is not on the lease nor the house owner although I am on the long term lease but not the owner.

8 Answers

  • 7 months ago

    You have to formally evict him if he refuses to leave on his own.

  • R P
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

    If he has established residency per your state's landlord/tenant laws, you will have to have him evicted through the courts. Google and read your state's laws to find out what you have to do.

    Source(s): FL landlord
  • 7 months ago

    You don't have to evict him because he is just a guest, who has overstayed his welcome. Change the locks the next time he is out and text him that he is not welcome back, and to have a friend arrange to pick up his junk. Next time a man abuses you, don't sit there and take it. REPORT IT, with photographs.

    Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 7 months ago

    Either alert the landlord or make up a lie and tell him that the landlord says that everyone who is living there who is not on the lease must go.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

    just pack up and leave

  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

    Just call the police and show them evidence of abuse. Request a no-trespassing order.

  • paul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

    restraining order

  • Never
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

    Not quickly or easily but yes. I knew a women that had to live with an ex for 2 months after she wanted him gone.

    She did not want to spend on court so she just was cold as heck for 2 months and he finally packed up & left.

    The other option is if you know a big guy, he could come over & tell him to get the heck out or he is coming back. (Like a bouncer or even a cop)

    If the boyfriend does not know his rights, a cop might scare him.

    If you have not called the police, do it if he raises his voice. Maybe they will tell him he is not wanted.

    Physically abusive and he can be arrested. Restraining order might force him out quicker than a regular eviction, i am unsure. You'd probably need at least 2 police reports though.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.