Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 7 months ago

Wouldn't no other life on any other planets in the universe discredit evolution?

Update:

Why would life only evolve on one planet?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

hard to prove a negative

• 7 months ago

No. gotta have the thing first before it can evolve. Evolution says nothing about where life comes from. It is all about what happened to life over all the billions of years that it has been around.

If there is no life anywhere else in the universe, that would have an impact on theories about how life came to exist in the first place. Most such theories are a matter of probabilities. A one in a million chance will happen if you try millions of times, that kind of thinking. Well, if it never, ever happens, then it is hard to believe it is just chance the one time that it did.

• geezer
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

No

Until there is life there is nothing to evolve .. and whether or not a planet has life on it has nothing to with evolution.

• D g
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Why are some theogians so fixated on disproving evolution

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Matt
    Lv 4
    7 months ago

No. Evolution still hapoened/happens on earth. Noowhere does evolution say it has to occor on other planets.

• Cowboy
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

Why do you say that? Do you even know what evolution is - and what it is not?

It seems you do not.

• Amy
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Evolution is what happened AFTER life started, so no, a lack of life on other planets wouldn't say much about evolution. I think you meant to ask whether it would discredit abiogenesis being a natural rather than divine phenomenon.

And to that, the answer is maybe. We would expect that in the entire universe, some other planets would have conditions appropriate for something that behaves like life to appear and survive.

Of course the vast majority of planets would still not have life. You'd need the right combination of heavy elements, reactive-but-not-too-reactive atmosphere, shielding from radiation, etc. Even Mars, which has similar chemical and locational properties to Earth, doesn't have any life that we've been able to find in 20+ years of exploring it.

Still, I'd love to see creationists take up the burden of trying to prove a negative.

Please do explore every millimeter of every planet in the universe to prove that there's no life anywhere but Earth.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Fossils debunk evolution.

The word 'dinosaur' came from two Greek words that mean 'terrible lizard'... a word made up in the 1800s to describe reptile fossils.  

Under the forces of EXTREME PRESSURE everything that was engulfed in mud during the world-wide flood turned into stone. 

For about a year and a half silica (mostly) permiated plant and animal tissue. The mud also became stone as it compressed under the weight of billions of tons of water. 

Stone cannot be dated.  

When a fish or an animal dies it rots, turns to dust or gets eaten... it does not turn into a fossil. Every fossil in the world is the result of the flood. Period. 

Before the flood everything lived ten times longer - that's why tusks, antlers, fangs, trees and reptiles grew huge. I used to work with reptiles before I met Jesus.... among many things I learned about them was that they NEVER stop growing as long as they live.  

Pre-flood the air had 50% more oxygen in it. Like a hyperbaric chamber, everything lived longer because of the air quality. We know this because we have air samples from before the flood; extracted from bubbles trapped in fossilized sap (amber).  Adam lived until he was 930. Noah was 600 when he built the Ark (Google Noah's Ark Turkey - a tourist attraction since the 1970's A.D.). 

Believing in lies about evolution makes you guilty of making God out to be a liar. This is spiritual treason.   

You've heard of bacteria 'evolving'? No such thing: simply, the hardier bacteria were never killed off by the antibiotic in the first place. The weaker bacteria were. All that's left is 'resistant' bacteria. They were never subject to antibiotics to begin with. They never 'evolved'. 

PS. If God wants to raise children for Abraham from the stones He can do it. He doesn't need any of us. He can change what is in the blink of an eye.... He doesn't need millenia.

• Anonymous
      Lv 5
      7 months agoReport

The bodies of Pompeii validate that living tissue buried in mud (in this case a pyroclastic flow) can be mineralized. You have validated what I said.

• 7 months ago

Hmmm... with ~400Billion spiral galaxies in the observable Universe, if there is only one planet with life on it, I think that would pretty much discredit God.

Cheers

• That's a really, really big IF, though, as we've barely explored bits of ONE solar system in ONE arm of ONE galaxy...

• paul
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

we are not alone

• DEBS
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I can't think of any reason why it would, but it you wanted to explain your theory I'm sure there are many who would be happy to put holes in it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.