If a guy make a new instagram after a breakup but then adds his ex back on that account does that mean he wants to get back together?

So they broke up due to a lot of drama. She would start fights with him, throw tantrums, create drama, always testing his love to see how much he would take and still love her. they have a large age gap she's 21 and he's 40. The final straw in their relationship was when she kicked him out of their shared... show more So they broke up due to a lot of drama. She would start fights with him, throw tantrums, create drama, always testing his love to see how much he would take and still love her.
they have a large age gap she's 21 and he's 40. The final straw in their relationship was when she kicked him out of their shared apartment and he moved back home with his parents.
He was heartbroken and deleted his old instagram account and made an entirely new one with just family and friends. She proceeded to bash him online for 6 months making status's calling him a loser, a f**k boy, saying he was a narcissist and even making negative comments about his penis size. She made it very clear that she was starting over, she was done with him, she could do better, he was a waste of time, how strong of a "woman" she is and how he doesn't deserve her. She even slept with other men.
Now suddenly they're friends again on instagram. So he created the new account only to add her back anyway. Now she's posting about soul mates and posting vague status's that say "I only questioned your love because I've never had someone love me like this before, it felt too good to be true"
Does it sound like they're working things out? Why would he take her back?
It makes no sense there's other girls in their 20's is dating a younger girl really that important for a 40 year old man?