Ky asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

How much of a caloric deficit should I be in?

My daily caloric limit is 1200, how many calories should I actually be eating? I saw something that said to maintain a 500 calorie defect but 700 calories for the day seems like such a small amount

What do you mean by your limit?

• Ky8 months agoReport

The amount of calories that I can’t go over

1200 seems very small to begin with. I would suggest re evaluating this unless you are a very short, light, sedentary female, or if you have a thyroid or some other chronic metabolic issue. Either way its better to work out a deficit based on a percentage rather than a flat number. 20% is usually just right for a deficit, so if your maintenance did happen to be 1200 this would be 960

• Tyler8 months agoReport

Oh so your maintenance calories were at 1800, so you changed to 1200 to lose weight? If this is the case you should be able to lose weight quite easily at 1200 - no need to drop them any further. Remember minimum effective dose is always best :)

Most people should eat no less than 1500 calories per day. Below that your metabolism begins to change and your body begins to scavenge itself for fuel, leading to organ failure and muscle loss.

• Ky8 months agoReport

Well I have a fitness app that tells me my calories and mine says 1200.