Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 7 months ago

I'm not sure if I'm depressed. I can't talk to anyone about it. I don't wanna me another walking stereotype of a depressed millennial?

Some days I'm okay, other days all I wanna do is lay in bed away from everyone. I'm not excited for my future at all. I don't look forward to anything. I thought about suicide but I won't do it for many reasons but I think to myself how nice it would be if I died and didn't have to deal with any of the people around me.

Other days I'm okay. I get excited I'm at the gym happy to go out etc. that's rare though.

I don't have any energy to help my family with their problems which only makes them think I'm selfish but I really don't. I'm good with pushing people away.

I wanna talk to my doctor but I'm embarrassed. Also they will probably give me antidepressants which I know cause weight gain. If I can another pound, I know I won't be able to live with myself.

Is this what depression is? Or am I being "bratty"?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's possible, but why are you so worried about it if you are depressed or bratty? Does being labeled one thing vs the other impact who you are or how you live? You say you don't want to be a stereotype, but that is a judgement that someone else is making on you. Why do you care if people label you right/have the right judgments of what you are or aren't, if you are as happy as you should be, that you aren't expressing the appropriate level of excitement by things other seem to get excited about.... It sounds to me like you are being crushed under the weight of a 1000 judgement from others and yourself. You have a lot of ideas about how things should be, how you should be, so it makes sense to me that you wouldn't enjoy those things not lining up with your life. But does that make you wrong, or the judgments and pressures, and expectations? What if you stopped trying to be happy or sad, if you are too heavy or too light, if people get you or they don't. You probably want to die not because you hate life, but because the pressure on your shoulders is too much. But there are other ways of lifting that burden off without ending it all. You will have to stop placing so much importance on how you fit in to whatever mold you think you should be fitting into. You would need to diminish your judgments of others, yourself, the world, and just accept things as they are: sometimes good, sometimes bad, often some mixture of both.... You have to accept that you are flawed, and that is ok. You have to accept that people will let you down, and that is ok because they are flawed too. You have to accept that society is a construct presented as reality, but it is a lie we want to believe; and that you can't be completely extricated from it, but neither do you have to conform exactly to it either. What if you are a completely messed up individual, and at the same time, that is fine? Some of the best people who have ever lived might be able to say the same for themselves. Whatever you are, is not all that you are, nor is it all that you will be. You are not the same you, that you were when you were two years old, you won't be the same you in 10 years from now. Whatever you are going through, is just one small piece. If you can't seem to effect change on that small piece, see if you can explore other parts or new lands until you find that that other thing is you as well?

• Yahoo mail7 months agoReport

One more thing, This is the best advice I have ever gotten. Really thank you for taking time to write that. It makes so much sense about how I am.

• justin
    Lv 6
    7 months ago

I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage facebook camaro codybattery, my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

rnaybe you should get sorne counseling, it rnight help you out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.