What does a notice of “addition to agricultural security area” mean?

The farmland across from my house was recently sold, and the listing mentioned that the land could support a housing development and that some pre-work has already been completed. Now, a couple months later, a public notice has been posted along the property that says there are two proposals for addition of land to... show more The farmland across from my house was recently sold, and the listing mentioned that the land could support a housing development and that some pre-work has already been completed. Now, a couple months later, a public notice has been posted along the property that says there are two proposals for addition of land to the township’s agricultural security area. Does this mean that the new owners want to continue using it as farmland and that it may become protected from becoming a development?
0