Bike ran low on oil?

so I bought a bike didn't inspect the oil didn't know where to check figured it looked like new being a 99 and having 26k miles. I bought the bike drove it home 10 miles then another 10 miles before getting ready to change shaft oil , an motor oil. I found the sight glass an it was empty. filled It with... show more so I bought a bike didn't inspect the oil didn't know where to check figured it looked like new being a 99 and having 26k miles. I bought the bike drove it home 10 miles then another 10 miles before getting ready to change shaft oil , an motor oil. I found the sight glass an it was empty. filled It with about 3.5 its of oil an it filled up . changed the shaft oil which looked good. how likely is the bike to be totaled now? its a 1500 cc intruder. it rides normal no word noises or handling. I love riding it an put about 20 miles on it after putting fresh oils in it. what should I do now?. I figure ill take it out tomorrow an do a complete oil change on it after letting it set with the fresh oil
5 answers 5