Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 7 months ago

Is combating Global Warming pointless unless the rest of the world joins in?

Last time I checked we all breathe the same air.

Should we punish countries that don't make an effort with trade sanctions?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago

Of course not. Man does not control climate, climate controls man. We are not causing climate change, nor can we prevent it

• 6 months ago

Man made climate change is a hoax. You can't punish sovereign countries who don't follow your arbitrary rules.

• Grace
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Trade wars and Embargoes do this when needed.

• 6 months ago

Yes. America must impose a trade embargo on those countries, such as China and India.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

the climate impact or humanity is very low in the third world and high in the west and Asia where high income population generate waste, pollute etc etc...to reduce pollution and waste you need to decrease the population in the west, stop immigration from the third world and transform the west into sustainable economy over the next 50 years. Reducing the population in the west with 1 child policy is possible and humane!

• Dale-E
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

And you have just said a mouthful. That is what all this nonsense is really about, "CONTROL"

• 7 months ago

Yes and no is the short answer.

Car manufacturers are shifting towards electric vehicles for a variety of reasons of which environmental concerns are only one. Buildings are becoming 'smarter' and more energy efficient. Wind power is now cheaper than gas power in many cases. Internal production of energy by renewables frees nations from volatile pricings of fossil fuels and secures their energy from external influences. Cleaning up the air has immediate health benefits to populations in cities. The point is even ignoring global warming, many of the 'solutions' make sense anyway and some, like electric cars, are on their way regardless.

No matter what your opinion on global warming, the fact is other nations and populations are committed. I hate macaroni and cheese. Irish people seldom eat it. That doesn't mean I'd protest if Irish companies wanted to make it and sell it in the US and Canada. If you look at windfarm manufacturers, the majority of top ten companies in that market are Chinese, Indian, and European. GE, an American company, is the 4th largest supplier after losing market share in the US to a Danish company. There is a massive market opportunity if you develop green tech. If Western nations take global warming seriously, we are the ones who could develop the tech and flog it around the planet. We make money, and help other nations reduce their emissions. So we really should be leading the charge regardless of what other nations are doing.

But yes ... it needs a global effort. I just think Europe, Australia, and the US should be at the cutting edge of the effort, leading the world to solve the problem, and selling the tech we have produced to do it.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Yes we should, although you're 30 years too late. Nothing we could do could stop it, even if the entire world joined it and we stopped burning all fossil fuels. You snoozed, you lost!!!! Capitalism killed us.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

If we lead others will follow.........say the Chinese

• 7 months ago

Yes China and India would have to join. Although I don’t think its real and there isn’t much we can do anyhow

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

We don't need the entire world, but we absolutely need China and India to be participants. The United States can ban all the plastic bags and straws it wants and it will have no effect.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.