Is this PS3 Slim backwards compatible with PS1 discs?

I recently got a used PS3 in awesome condition, I ask the Seller if the PS3 could play PS1 discs & was told that it couldnt along with saying only earlier PS3 models could. The seller isn’t wrong that earlier models being capable of playing PS1 game discs including PS2 game discs, but PS3 Slim & Super Slim... show more I recently got a used PS3 in awesome condition,
I ask the Seller if the PS3 could play PS1 discs & was told that it couldnt along with saying only earlier PS3 models could.

The seller isn’t wrong that earlier models being capable of playing PS1 game discs including PS2 game discs, but PS3 Slim & Super Slim models play PS1 game discs as well along with digital PS2 games from the PS Store.

I had the first edition of the PS3 Slim & it played PS1 discs then my system messed up after number of years due to carelessness of certain family.

I am still looking for my PS1 games which have been misplaced so I cant test to see if this system is capable.

I purchased another PS3 Slim but it’s a CECH-3001A model.

After researching online confirming that ALL PS3 models play PS1 games I still have doubts because the seller caused doubt

Does the PS3 CECH-3001A Slim models play PS1 game discs?