How do I save my house?

My mother has been in an abusive relationship for the past nine years. He s screamed at us, insulted, berated, pushed, and shoved us, and even punched my mom once. Last week, he shoved me on the ground and hurt my elbow, and that was the final straw. I called the police and they took him away (he already had a... show more My mother has been in an abusive relationship for the past nine years. He s screamed at us, insulted, berated, pushed, and shoved us, and even punched my mom once. Last week, he shoved me on the ground and hurt my elbow, and that was the final straw. I called the police and they took him away (he already had a warrant out for his arrest for past domestic violence). For the past few days, everything was peaceful, the bad guy was gone, but then my mom told me he paid the bills. She told me that we re going to lose our house, our car, and she doesn t make enough money alone to rent even the worst apartment in our city. We ll have to put my dog, my best friend for over ten years, in a shelter. I don t know what I m going to do. I know there are probably people who need your help more than my mom and I do, but this is my last resort before my mom decides to sell the house. I don t want to be homeless, I m only 14. Thank you so much for reading this if you did, I need your help.
8 answers 8