Anonymous

Cleveland clinic has raised minimum wage to 14$ and I make $ 14.50 will i get a raise too? now i and housekeeping are paid the same.?

Favorite Answer

Minimum wage laws are loved by socialists because they feel something is being done. But, as you are discovering, they can be terribly unfair. Just because you and housekeeping are paid the same wage, does not mean you will get more money.

But far more unfair is the fact that you can now get a minimum wage job at the same rate you are being paid now in preference to someone who has very few other job choices. In San Francisco where there is now a $15 minimum wage, there are university graduates doing that work.

• In

Ask for a raise. You might not get it but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Guess what goes up with wages go up? The prices so you are not getting ahead. You are stuck at the same level or moved behind. The system is broken so people need to stop waiting for others to save them. We are living in a time where technology is amazing and you can make loads of money from your phone. Keep in mind that self education is constantly required even after the formal education. There are alot of informative blogs, informative website, informative books, informative videos out there that can help you make, save & invest money plus you are able to save by going through most of their links. I constantly scout out informative stuff to help me grow and you should as well. My lastest that I found which helped my family and friends is https://www.motivatedjay.com/blog

It is time to wake up from the fairy tale and accept that no one is coming to save you. You are an adult with responsibilities so you must hustle..

Best

I do not know the plans of that organization. If you are asking if you MUST get a raise, that depends on your contract. If your contract provides that you must be paid $14.50, that is what you must be paid. If your contract calls for getting 120 percent of their minimum wage, that is what you must get.

While your employee has no legal obligation to raise your wage, since you are making above the minimum, the general tendency is for an increase in the minimum wage to cause a ripple effect through the wage scales.

I hope not