Ronald asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 months ago

How can I punish my self harshly??

I want to punish my self in a harsh way to control impulsive behaviors. Sometimes I want to cut my self with a knife when I **** up to correct the undesired behavior. I have tried to find sources on this topic but I haven't been successful. Does anyone know whether self punishment correct undesired behaviors? Maybe if there is like a book of a Japanese sensei that achieved complete self control by punishing himself every time he messed up.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    8 months ago

Lay on your bed and be still, reflecting on what you think you did wrong or messed up on and express some disappointment in yourself in that (if true). Confess out loud how things didn't go the way you hoped and that you wanted them to go better. This could help fuel better actions in the future.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

NO,Self punishment won't help at all.

Go and see a psychologist and get rid of your issues.

• 8 months ago

Work full time

• Ronald8 months agoReport

I do work a full time job and I'm partially disciplined. I usually work out five times a week, I cook my own meals, etc. But sometimes I just spend money like crazy, I literally can't control it. Other times I stay in bed until its late then I have to rush. Then I feel guilty.

• 8 months ago

Your confidence has it's own opinion an this is a flagging q:

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

Morihei Ueshiba, a great sensei, founder of Aikido, is like a symbol of your higher self as it punishes attackers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30Sa0PLquFg

Youtube thumbnail

Talk with a general counselor: https://www.hopefortheheart.org

"Understanding Yourself" by Mark Prophet.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Sit down and read a maths book from lowest level to highest. It will torture you. Also do the exercises. It will nearly kill you. It's painful because it feels like you're missing out on something. And you are. That something is "life". Even starring at paint drying on wall is more interesting. If you like maths then choose another subject. That is true punishment.

• 8 months ago

Electricity is a good training tool.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

Stick a knife up your asshole for ultimate punishment

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.