EXZTNZ asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 months ago

Why isn't Leonardo DiCaprio rated more highly in debates about the greatest actors of all time?

He easily passes all the criteria:

(1) won an Oscar for Best Actor, deserves at least 8-10 more

(2) did extremely difficult roles that no other actors could

(3) starred in films with other greatest actors

(4) starred in one of the highest grossing films of all time

(5) has a widely known legendary reputation throughout the world

(6) worked with some of the best directors and producers

(7) has starred in at least 10 films that deserve a Best Film Oscar.

(8) all of his roles are interesting and unique

(9) has no bad performance

(10) has at least 5 classics

He is easily number one on my all time actors list and I'm a movie enthusiast.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Leonardo DiCaprio still has a lot of time to establish himself as one of the greatest actors of all time, though like you, some already feel he already is.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Because he is not that great

With actors like Brando, they knew he was great because by the time he was 30, he had at least 5 great performances , an Oscar and 4 Oscar Nominations to his name, DiCaprio will struggle to win again.

DiCaprio is not that good, at all

• ...Show all comments
    • 9 months agoReport

He barely deserves one, Brando in On The Waterfront better than every film and performance you mentioned, I can think of 100 actors better than Dicaprio

Catch Me If You Can? Walken steals the movie

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Idk maybe someone somewhere holds something against him for looking more German/Scandinavian? Just the only way I can make sense of it. Maybe they don’t like him because he is more attractive than them so they gotta hate. They want people to find what they find good as actors wether or not that’s true is another story.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Because hes bad

• 9 months agoReport

I want to suffer. I like pain and suffering and torture and anguish.

• 9 months ago

Simply put, as fine an actor as he's been since he was young, he has not had that many iconic roles that people immediately identify with him. When you speak of Meryl Streep, Robert De Niro, Al Pacino or Daniel Day-Lewis, it's about their iconic roles or incredible acting ability.

Leonardo DiCaprio has had the same fortune as De Niro, he's had a great writer-director take him under his wing...Martin Scorsese. That can sometimes help or hurt your reputation as an actor. He is a great actor, but sometimes working with the same director can make your roles very similar to others under the same writer-director. He won his Oscar with a different writer and director.

• Nancy
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

In 90 years of Academy Awards, only 42 actors ever have won more than one Oscar. Katherine Hepburn is the actor who has won the most, with just four. Daniel Day Lewis, Meryl Streep, Jack Nicholson, Ingrid Bergman, and Walter Brennan are the only ones who have won three. Even Marlon Brando only won two. So, you thinking he deserves eight to 10, that's ridiculous.

Is Leonardo DiCaprio a good actor? Yes. And he has the Oscar to prove it. Greatest of all time, though? No. And don't be poo-pooing his not getting even a second Oscar, because only 36 actors in 90 years have won two Oscars.

By the way, if you haven't seen bad Leonardo DiCaprio performances, then you haven't watched J. Edgar, Total Eclipse, or Don's Plum (a movie in which his acting was so terrible he sued to try and keep it from being released)--and that's overlooking his early career suckage in Critters 3 and the TV show Growing Pains.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I know it is a shame.

• 9 months ago

Because there are so many other actors who are better than he is.

• 9 months ago

Underrated

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.