Switching from nursing to an accounting program? Good or bad idea?

I currently attend Adelphi University, a private four year university in Garden City, New York. I initially got accepted into the nursing program right away as a freshman (meaning I don't need to worry applying for my junior and senior year). I decided even though I really wasn't unsure what I wanted to do... show more I currently attend Adelphi University, a private four year university in Garden City, New York. I initially got accepted into the nursing program right away as a freshman (meaning I don't need to worry applying for my junior and senior year).

I decided even though I really wasn't unsure what I wanted to do in life, at least this could take me through a career path, right?

Well fast forward to now and I'm pretty much on academic probation for the nursing program for not getting a C+ in Anatomy and Physiology.

I will be a sophomore in the fall, and still registered for nursing courses as of now (Chemistry, emerging tends in genetics, liberal art courses). I'm starting to think if it would be wise or foolish to consider changing my major to Accounting. There even is a 5 year masters program I can pursue there.

Even if I don't do accounting, would switching majors now hold me back or should I just stick out my current nursing program?
1 answer 1