Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPerforming Arts · 7 months ago

How many drummers out there practice with a metronome? If you have to do that, doesn’t it mean maybe the drums isn’t your instrument?

Favorite Answer

agreed. most people who. all them musicians aren't. they guitarists I know in nyc cant even string them

• Mamianka

And then the OP awards to whatever jerk AGREES with him - not opinions of experts.

• Tony B

Practicing with a metronome is a great idea for musicians playing any instrument. If you don't understand that maybe it means that playing music isn't for you!

No!!! All fine players will refer to a metronome to establish a playing tempo that they can communicate to others. Eventually we want all our skills internalized, but a metronome can be a valuable aid at ANY level of performance, and is great at settling differences of opinion. But - they ARE many idiots it there who are not able to survive as musicians, no matter how bad they want it. At 5'8" and curvy, they was never a chance I would be a ballerina or gymnast, either. But I have been a full time professional classical musician since 1973 - and one of my several metronomes is ALWAYS on my stand. One in every gig bag, too - and on my phone, plus a tuner and dB meter.