Emad asked in Education & ReferenceTeaching · 7 months ago

When does smokers gets lung cancer?

How long does it takes for a cigarette smoker to have a lung cancer?

• Linda

The minute they smoke a stupid cigarette.

No set time for all smokers to get any disease from smoking I got emphaysema and COPD, 20-35 years ago, and am dying from them.

• Pippin

Decades to never. (Some people die from other smoking-related illnesses before they ever get lung cancer.)

The percentage of smokers who actually get any kind of cancer is quite low, about 20%, and not all of that is lung cancer. It really depends on the person and their overall genetic makeup, but on average, smokers will get lung cancer in their late 40's and up with women getting it younger and men getting it older.

And even quitters aren't exempt completely. There have been cases where men and women quit in their 20's and 30's who have still gotten lung cancer.

And yes, I know I said it was low, but still...don't take that risk. I smoked for years and years and have finally stayed quit for 1 year and 6 months and I know I won't be out of the woods completely.

• LAN

When you fail to learn proper English. It's all your fault.

• Tavy

Not everyone gets it. My Mother smoked for 60 years and had no cancer in her body when she died at 86. One heart attack and boom.

• Brian

Everyone's body is different and will react differently. Some get it fast, others take awhile to get it.

About 3 years before their natural death

It depends on the person, so if your healthy then it could take longer to develop it, if you are unhealthy you develop it quicker, however it is really just a chance thing you can get it any time if you smoke.