In 2019 in the United States of America do you get penalized at all for not having health insurance at all?

My health insurance premium is way too expensive for me to afford and it doesn’t cover anything. And plus even if I had a major medical event I wouldn’t pay any of the bills anyways. If I had a medical emergency and was in the hospital or got surgery I wouldn’t even pay a penny. If it was possible, I would file... show more My health insurance premium is way too expensive for me to afford and it doesn’t cover anything. And plus even if I had a major medical event I wouldn’t pay any of the bills anyways. If I had a medical emergency and was in the hospital or got surgery I wouldn’t even pay a penny. If it was possible, I would file bankruptcy on the medical bills. So health insurance is just pointless to me but I heard that the government penalizes and fines people for not having health insurance. I can afford my health insurance it’s just too expensive it would save me money and have more in my pocket to not have health insurance at all. Cuz I wouldn’t even pay any medical expenses or bills anyways. So I heard that Donald trump did healthcare reform that might’ve made health insurance no longer mandatory to have. So is health insurance mandatory in 2019? Will I be fined if I don’t have health insurance at all?