Have I offended my colleague with this?

Ok so I have a very supportive colleague/boss at work who was my supervisor and has recently moved to another place of work, he still works one day a week at out workplace but I don't see him as I'm elsewhere on that day. Ive moved up to a higher grade to take his place. He tends to communicate a lot which... show more Ok so I have a very supportive colleague/boss at work who was my supervisor and has recently moved to another place of work, he still works one day a week at out workplace but I don't see him as I'm elsewhere on that day. Ive moved up to a higher grade to take his place. He tends to communicate a lot which is good but this week he has sent me several emails with jobs to do which I'm meant to be in charge of now, I guess he is interfering a bit but he is only trying to help.

Theres another manager who works there (above him) who supervises me and she was stood at my computer today I jokingly said 'see I'm not just doing my job I'm doing his as well, pointing to his emails'. She didn't smile and said 'is he sending a lot of emails, a colleague sat nearby said 'yes all through the day'. She just said 'right'.

Thinking about him I feel bad as he is trying to help and I don't actually mind him emailing me, let along this but he has to its his job. Im hoping she doesn't tell him as it looks like I've grassed him up then doesn't it?

I really appreciate his help so don't mind him contacting, will he stop helping/emailing me as much now (she will probably tell him), what will he think? how can I rectify this? Or am I worrying over nothing?

Im not close enough to him to contact him or anything he would think that was strange, I don't think I've much choice but to ignore it.
1 answer 1