Do you sometimes get dirty looks or feel hated by other people when they find out you don't want to get married or have children?

You know when they ask questions about your future plans and you tell them honestly but nicely that those two things aren't part of your goals? Naybe it's because I live in a smaller town butt I often get those dirty sidelooks or ignored by some people when they find out I don't want those things? Are... show more You know when they ask questions about your future plans and you tell them honestly but nicely that those two things aren't part of your goals? Naybe it's because I live in a smaller town butt I often get those dirty sidelooks or ignored by some people when they find out I don't want those things? Are people more accepting about this in larger cities?

When I hear that people are more accepting about this generation not wanting marriage, children, or even a mortgage that people are less likely to care about trivial matters oor even share your same desires not to go down that path. However, I'm finding the exact opposite where I am. As I near 30 every single woman seems to want these things, and it feels more like to me that it's more acceptable for a man to want to remain single, and that my non - existant bilogical clock has transferred to other people and is ticking in their bodies instead of mine when they find out about my age.

Looking for people who can relate or who have had experience with this and can confirm that I am not insane. I find that I quickly become isolated in social situations when someone beings up this conversation. Not that I can say that I mind, it's kind of peaceful but I have been noticing it more and more as I entered my late 20s.

Other people thought it was cooler in their early 20s I guess, but have taken a complete 180 as we aged a andful of years.
Update: Is it not selfish to have a child just to pass down your genes? Some people just aren't meant to be or would not make good parents and I think it's good self - awareness that they have that nowledge about themselves. If other people actually think this is selfish then that is their loss to me - they... show more Is it not selfish to have a child just to pass down your genes? Some people just aren't meant to be or would not make good parents and I think it's good self - awareness that they have that nowledge about themselves. If other people actually think this is selfish then that is their loss to me - they don't have to get to know me and I don't need to get to know them if they really do care about it that much. Have you not seen divorce rates? The amount oof ungrateful children there are today?