Got into accident without having insurance in NJ?

A few months ago I was working for an employer and got into an accident in the work/commercial vehicle, I was at fault. During the time I was employed I was told by my boss that I was covered under the company's auto insurance. However after the accident occurred I was told that my boss never followed through... show more A few months ago I was working for an employer and got into an accident in the work/commercial vehicle, I was at fault. During the time I was employed I was told by my boss that I was covered under the company's auto insurance. However after the accident occurred I was told that my boss never followed through to make sure I was covered, he told me that it was his fault that I wasn't covered at the time of the accident because he got caught up in other things and was "dragging his feet". So I now find out I wasn't covered by any auto insurer either commercial or personal, despite being told I was. I ended up going to court I instead of paying the ticket and was fined $450, with no points added to my license, played it off and thought it was over with.. Then a couple months later I get a letter from a collection agency saying I owe $6,000 to state farm (the other vehicles insurer). What do I do about this?
6 answers 6