Is England still a "western" country?

One can be forgiven for assuming they are in a bazaar in a far away oriental country when one ventures through parts of our once proud cities. How can major cities like London, Birmingham, and the industrialised northern towns like Bradford, Rotherham, Blackburn still be considered western cities? I often draw... show more One can be forgiven for assuming they are in a bazaar in a far away oriental country when one ventures through parts of our once proud cities.

How can major cities like London, Birmingham, and the industrialised northern towns like Bradford, Rotherham, Blackburn still be considered western cities?

I often draw the curtains on my chauffeur driven Bentley if we ever have to drive past areas of unfortunate standing.

Tis Thursday I was absolutely parched. My sikh servant informs me that dinner shall soon be served in the main hall. I am waiting for the gong.