Does love need to be present for one s marriage to succeed?

My husband told me the only reason he is with me is because he is scared of how a future husband may treat our son, and that divorce carries a social stigma still. I asked him if he loved me but he just stayed silent. I said to him that this is not a good enough reason to stay if he is miserable otherwise and I d... show more My husband told me the only reason he is with me is because he is scared of how a future husband may treat our son, and that divorce carries a social stigma still. I asked him if he loved me but he just stayed silent. I said to him that this is not a good enough reason to stay if he is miserable otherwise and I d rather he divorce me. I don t know if I did the right thing...
Update: He said his inclination is also towards divorce. Our lease is up in a week and I asked him if he wanted me to leave. He said no and that since I asked him to reflect & make a decision on divorce, then I should stop asking him questions & share my feelings with my mom. My mom thinks we will regret if we... show more He said his inclination is also towards divorce. Our lease is up in a week and I asked him if he wanted me to leave. He said no and that since I asked him to reflect & make a decision on divorce, then I should stop asking him questions & share my feelings with my mom. My mom thinks we will regret if we divorce and for me to be patient because my husband is under a lot of pressure from his family. I really don't know what to do. Should I stay put and silent while this storm passes through or run?