My Dr Ordered an Ultrasound on my Thyroid after I had bloodtests done. Is this a normal thing for them to order ?

I had general blood tests done a couple days ago and instead of calling me to tell me the results, I get a call from the hospital (they do the ultrasounds here) to book an imaging appt. I asked what it was for, and they said for an ultrasound on my thyroid. I didn't have a problem with my thyroid, and this... show more I had general blood tests done a couple days ago and instead of calling me to tell me the results, I get a call from the hospital (they do the ultrasounds here) to book an imaging appt.

I asked what it was for, and they said for an ultrasound on my thyroid.

I didn't have a problem with my thyroid, and this was never discussed with me by my dr.

So just wondering... she checked my TSH thyroid stimulating hormone.
I guess it means it was off.

Could that be why she ordered an ultrasound on my thyroid?
Update: The Dr's office finally called me back. My TSH was high, so she ordered an ultrasound. I might have hypothyrodism (underactive thyroid)