Should William Carlos Williams be considered the pre-eminent American modernist poet?
- Lapiz DominoesLv 76 months agoBest Answer
I would think,`eminent`.
- Anonymous5 months ago
No. Theodore Roethke.
- EnguerarrardLv 76 months ago
I'd put him in the top 10, but personally, he's not to my taste. His poetry is indirect and very understated, which makes it unemotional and rather flat (also sexless). I like juicier poets, like Allen Ginsburg and Sharon Olds. Sharon Olds is very erotic.
- Noah ThallLv 66 months ago
Should anyone. Must their be one and only one?
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- Wire and StringLv 76 months ago
i feel like he is correctly rated as being in the top tier, and perhaps the most important imagist poet.