All of a sudden my fps dropped in all games. Temps are good (CPU AND GPU), gpu is new. No malwares, hdd is good. Tried everything HELP!!!?

Specs:

CPU: AMD athlon 860k 3.7 GHZ

GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

RAM: 8gb

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Back in March, Microsoft pushed through an update for Windows 10 that reduced game performance pretty drastically. It could be possible that you are suffering from this. If so, make sure that you download and install all updates available right now, as there may be an update that fixes that you have missed. You can also search for the updates that you have installed for KB4482887 and uninstall it and see if that fixes your issue. Source: https://www.notebookcheck.net/Windows-10-update-KB...

Also make sure that you have the latest GPU drivers installed from nVidia.

• Vasilije6 months agoReport

I've had this problem even before march, and I don't have that update installed

• 6 months ago

I would try system restore if you got any restore point saved and I would block OS from updating itself .

• Fulano
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

I've got 4 of them and let them all update, and never had any problems.

• Fulano
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Is there something using up system resources causing the slowdown? For example Chrome and Firefox periodically get memory leaks that max out the RAM and slow everything down.

Or another frequent Windows issue I run into is Windows Update corrupts a download and then it sits there using a full CPU core trying to figure out what to do with it's life and can slow things down.

You can check this in Task Manager, clock "More Details" then the Processes tab. Then if you click at the top of the column you can sort by the programs that are using the most RAM or the highest CPU usage to see if something's eating up resources.

• Fulano
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Does Yahoo still do the e-mail from the profile page thing? There used to be a link that let you send e-mails to a user without having to give out personal info. If not, then I'd rather just comment here or something.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.