If I become a gunsmith in Maryland, can I qualify for concealed carry permit?

• 1 year ago

Nope in Md unfortunately you have to already be a victim or be rich/connected.

• 1 year ago

Yes. Because they are not connected. ANYONE can get a CWP if they qualify.

• Mr.357
    1 year ago

They are disjoint from what I recall. If you are a licensed gunsmith, you should be able to pass a background check, but not necessarily be able to shoot accurately or understand CCW laws.

• Robin
    1 year ago

just get the permit as its cheaper

• 1 year ago

That is like asking, 'If I become an auto mechanic in Maryland do I qualify for a drivers license'. Gunsmith:Concealed Carry - The two have absolutely totally nothing what-so-ever to do with each other.

• Gary1 year agoReport

Wow, thanks for completely paraphrasing my answer.

• 1 year ago

It doesn't matter what you do for a living here in the People Socialist State of Maryland, you still have to go thru the State Police and beg for a permit.

• 1 year ago

Probably, you still have to pass approved course defined by public safety office and apply for the permits. Pas background etc. A big period there.

Qualified gunsmiths usually go for a federal firearms license as well. Those use to be the easiest of gun licenses to get. Know a few laws and presto.

An old friend in Columbia Tennessee is a 30 year master gunsmith, probably knows guns better than Smith and Wesson,,and has no license of any kind. Also a well seasoned sharpshooter.

What he does have is a strong reputation among gun people.

For him to carry concealed, he would still have to jump through the legal hoops.

• 1 year ago

Maryland is a 'MAY ISSUE FOR CAUSE' state , discretionary by Police of main cities and political pull sometimes needed. Gunsmith might get a 'Occupational Need on application, might get better chance if Gunsmith for Police Officers is put down as part of Business. Baltimore is known to be restrictive with Political pull often needed- a couple cases now on appeal and maybe going to go federal - force a 'shall issue' change in their law.

• 1 year ago

I understand. What I should have asked was...

Does being a gunsmith qualify for me to carry concealed all the time (within the rules i.e. not on school grounds, etc.)? I have a business that I own but under the rules of the state, I can only carry when I am doing business.

1 year ago

still haffta jump thru the hoops .........................