If I become a gunsmith in Maryland, can I qualify for concealed carry permit?

Nope in Md unfortunately you have to already be a victim or be rich/connected.

Yes. Because they are not connected. ANYONE can get a CWP if they qualify.

• Mr.357

They are disjoint from what I recall. If you are a licensed gunsmith, you should be able to pass a background check, but not necessarily be able to shoot accurately or understand CCW laws.

• Robin

just get the permit as its cheaper

That is like asking, 'If I become an auto mechanic in Maryland do I qualify for a drivers license'. Gunsmith:Concealed Carry - The two have absolutely totally nothing what-so-ever to do with each other.

• Gary7 months agoReport

Wow, thanks for completely paraphrasing my answer.

It doesn't matter what you do for a living here in the People Socialist State of Maryland, you still have to go thru the State Police and beg for a permit.

Probably, you still have to pass approved course defined by public safety office and apply for the permits. Pas background etc. A big period there.

Qualified gunsmiths usually go for a federal firearms license as well. Those use to be the easiest of gun licenses to get. Know a few laws and presto.

An old friend in Columbia Tennessee is a 30 year master gunsmith, probably knows guns better than Smith and Wesson,,and has no license of any kind. Also a well seasoned sharpshooter.

What he does have is a strong reputation among gun people.

For him to carry concealed, he would still have to jump through the legal hoops.

Maryland is a 'MAY ISSUE FOR CAUSE' state , discretionary by Police of main cities and political pull sometimes needed. Gunsmith might get a 'Occupational Need on application, might get better chance if Gunsmith for Police Officers is put down as part of Business. Baltimore is known to be restrictive with Political pull often needed- a couple cases now on appeal and maybe going to go federal - force a 'shall issue' change in their law.

I understand. What I should have asked was...

Does being a gunsmith qualify for me to carry concealed all the time (within the rules i.e. not on school grounds, etc.)? I have a business that I own but under the rules of the state, I can only carry when I am doing business.

still haffta jump thru the hoops .........................