Will I be sent a ticket for passing school bus?

This morning I illegally passed a school bus. The bus had its right blinker on without its stop lights or stop sign. As they have done before, I had assumed the bus was either a.) Turning right, or b.) Letting the cars pass. As I went around the bus, half way through, the bus driver decided to put their lights and... show more This morning I illegally passed a school bus. The bus had its right blinker on without its stop lights or stop sign. As they have done before, I had assumed the bus was either a.) Turning right, or b.) Letting the cars pass.
As I went around the bus, half way through, the bus driver decided to put their lights and the stop sign. It was such a stupid decision on my part, and I know it. I will not make a mistake like this again.
Immediately after this happened, I was pulled over by a cop behind me. He did not take my license, and let me off to go to school. If I did not get a ticket on the spot, do you believe there is a chance one will be sent in the mail?