What do I do if someone wants to make two payments to buy something?

I have dealt with scammers before, clear ones, really convincing ones, etc. This person says: "Pay half and pay the other half in 30 days if not less then there day.. I get paid weekly and do side jobs and try to find a moped for my girlfriend"

"I have been trying 2 find one 2 pay off within 30 day but no one wants to work with me on it"

I can t tell if they are a scammer, but I don t think they are. I really feel like trying to work something out. I don t know if they would have collat or anything to help their claim.

I also only do cash, so if they say any other payment, you know.

What do you mean "work with you" on it? Do you actually expect a seller - someone you don't even know, to finance your purchase? Your expectation is ridiculous. Either buy what you can afford to get a loan from a "bank/lender".

• Jay

It does not matter what the other person wants to do. You are the seller, so YOU get to make the rules.

I'd say no ...it is probably a scam.

• Never

Why waste your time with obvious scammers?

Who cares if they are trying to work something out...are you their parent?

• Judy

tell them to save half from one check, then pay the full amount when they get paid again, and get delivery then. you are not a finance company.

100% chance this person is a scammer.

They will pay you half of your asking price and expect you to hand over the item on the promise that they'll pay the other half 30 days later. But they will disappear, change their phone number, close their email account and you'll never hear from them again so they will have only paid you half of the purchase price.

I would just say no. Tell them you will sell to the first person who can pay the full price in cash. You will not allow them to take the item with partial payment and you're not interested in holding the item for another 30 days while you wait for them to get the money together.

Tell them to set aside the money they have now, and when they have the rest they can call you to see if the item is still available. But if someone offers to buy it before that, then tough luck for them.

No problem. Tell them the first payment is not refundable, and if the second payment is made in 30 days or less, in cash, they can take delivery then.

That's fine if you don't send them the product until its paid in full and you are sure the payments are valid. I suspect if you send them the product after they pay half then you may never see the 2nd payment.

you agree to take the payment, the first one is non refundable and they don't get the item until they make the second payment