Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 7 months ago

Please answer, no one is answering?

What do you think about her? What does it mean when my girlfriend wants to pay together? She goes let's take turns when it comes to paying for stuff when we're out. She said I'll pay half time and you'll pay half time for both of us. I said no and that I am happy to continue to pay separately. We have been dating for 5 months.

• Favorite Answer

It means that you don't know a good thing when it's staring you in the face. She wants to be equals with you in the relationship, and you're fretting for no reason. The only reason you'd need to worry is if your ability to pay for things is the only thing you can bring to the table, because if she's paying for stuff as well, then you'll need to step up your game and meet her halfway on everything else involved in your relationship/partnership.

Sounds like she wants to be really fair towards you, holds turn-taking paying as a strong part of her personal beliefs or both. If things work out and you guys someday get married or something- you will share everything anyway. If things don't work out- it will mean that you spent less money on this ex than the last. It's a good thing all in all.