Did I just make a fool of myself? will choose a best answer?

there is this man on my FB that I chatted with a few times. ..we were supposed to meet a while ago but we never met. He now has a girlfriend and I have not chatted with him in a while. Anyway I received a link on my emails to his FB page that seemed to indicate that something was physically wrong with him and he... show more there is this man on my FB that I chatted with a few times. ..we were supposed to meet a while ago but we never met. He now has a girlfriend and I have not chatted with him in a while. Anyway I received a link on my emails to his FB page that seemed to indicate that something was physically wrong with him and he was trying to get people to donate to help him pay some kind of medical bills. For some reason it looked like the link was sent directly to me so I sent him a direct message asking if he is okay and if there is anything I can do to help but now I realize that the link was shared on his FB home page and not sent to just me in particular so now I feel kind of foolish that I sent him that message since he is not really that close of a friend and it was not intended for me in particular..please help...I am so embarrassed now. Did I just make a fool of myself to someone that is almost a stranger? would you think it was weird if you were in his shoes to get a message like that from me? Please be honest for best answer