How is it not sexist and patronizing to suggest that conservative women vote against their interests?

How is it not sexist and patronizing to suggest that conservative women vote against their interests? I see it all the time that conservative women "vote against their own interests". How is that not patronizing to assume that others know what's best for them better than they do themselves? Who... show more How is it not sexist and patronizing to suggest that conservative women vote against their interests?
I see it all the time that conservative women "vote against their own interests". How is that not patronizing to assume that others know what's best for them better than they do themselves? Who decides what their best interests are anyway? It sounds pretty subjective to me. Is it not sexist to suggest that women should think and vote as a monolith as if they cannot have their own opinions?

I don't even vote conservative, but this narrative always bothered me. It seems like some people want to make everything about gender nowadays, as if there are no other factors involved when someone decides who to vote for.