ty asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 7 months ago

Never bulked before but just finished my 1st cut.( Dropped 30lbs) Now I want to bulk and I know you’ll put a little bit of fat on during it?

But would I be more prone to fat gain due to the increased fat cells I alreaady had?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

Possibly, however is does not change the method you should use. Make sure you are only in a SMALL calorie deficit, (100-200 calories above maintenance to start) focus on progressive overload and hitting 0.8 grams of protein per pound of body weight. As you slowly gain weight (hopefully mostly muscle) you can slowly increase calories by 50 every few weeks

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

It's a mistake to think you have to get super fat to gain muscle. You simply have to eat enough to maintain the growth the exercise creates. You'll eat bowls of pasta bigger than your head and whole pizzas. You might feel a little fat because there's a whole pizza in your gut but you don't have to spend the winter putting on 50 pounds of pure fat before you can lift a weight as many people think of as bulking. As you eat and workout, if you do start to get fat, pull back a bit. If you get to skinny and feel weak, push on.

• 7 months ago

No, you would not.

• 7 months ago

yes u will. this is why it is important to train as vigorously

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 7 months ago

Stay away from junk food. Go for a clean bulk.

• 7 months ago

Eat healthy while gaining. Don't binge on fats. You'll be fine and gain muscle mass.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.