My now ex boyfriend cheated on me with his ex girlfriend! help please?

i found out my bf cheated on me with his ex gf. i asked and he constantly DENIED IT! The next day I called his ex gf and she told me they slept together. Once she told me that, he called me the next day and finally angrily admitted it, cursed me out, hung up in my face repeatedly before we ended it. He then got... show more i found out my bf cheated on me with his ex gf. i asked and he constantly DENIED IT!
The next day I called his ex gf and she told me they slept together.
Once she told me that, he called me the next day and finally angrily admitted it, cursed me out, hung up in my face repeatedly before we ended it.
He then got back in a relationship with her. We gone a week without talking and then i couldnt help but call him back and try to get him back.
I was so hurt. i asked him if he loved her or was it just sex. he couldnt really give me a clear answer. Was it love, lust or did he just get with her out of convenience because he knew she wanted him?