My dog is out of control, what should I do?

I’m 19, I’ve grown up with dogs & I adopted my female Pitbull terrier a couple months ago from a shelter. She’s very sweet & obedient, & polite. However, when it comes to cats, it’s really hard for me because if I’m walking her she barks nonstop & pulls me & she’s very strong & it’s very... show more I’m 19, I’ve grown up with dogs & I adopted my female Pitbull terrier a couple months ago from a shelter. She’s very sweet & obedient, & polite. However, when it comes to cats, it’s really hard for me because if I’m walking her she barks nonstop & pulls me & she’s very strong & it’s very frustrating for me, one day she dragged me & I started hitting her. A couple minutes ago we were in my car & she saw a cat (parked car) & she jumped out of the window & ran off I didn’t know if she went into the street & I was terrified. I jumped out of my car looking for her & she keeps running away from me, she almost ran right in front of a car & I had to signal people to stop & I was screaming at my dog at night time. I finally somehow managed to get her & I couldn’t control myself, I started hitting her & hitting her & then I cried because I thought I was gonna lose her. I feel bad. I don’t want to hurt her but I get soo uncontrallably angry, I don’t want to get rid of her either, but I can’t trust her & I hate it. I don’t know what to do anymore. Any opinions? Please don’t be rude, I do know it’s unacceptable to hurt an animal. But it was a very dangerous situation & it really scared me,
4 answers 4